Last year for Seattle Beer Week, I made a pledge to do something beer related every single day. I failed miserably, missed two days of it due to hangovers, and almost got tattooed at the Pub at Piper’s Creek.
This year, I’m going to be a little more selective because well, I’m kind of fond of my liver. I’m also going to feature different north Seattle locations on the blog here with their Seattle Beer Week activities to let you know all the local happenings. Today: Naked City Brewery and Taphouse in Greenwood. Here’s their full lineup of Seattle Beer Week activities:
- May 11th – The Phinneywood Art Walk gets a beer twist, as Naked City displays art from brewery photographer Rawi Nanakul. The black-and-white prints of the Naked City Brewery and homebrewers will be available for purchase, and the artist will be on hand to share the stories behind the photographs.
- May 12th – Colorado Brewers Night. It’s not quite Seattle beer, but let’s celebrate other great breweries around the country. Oskar Blues, Left Hand, Boulder, Avery and Great Divide will be on tap, including a keg of Great Divide’s 17th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA. Naked City’s new chef Tessa will also be dishing up Rocky Mountain Oysters.
- May 13th – Mother’s Day Brewers Dinner. Join head brewer Don Webb at a special brewers table for Mother’s Day, featuring 7 paired courses from Chef Tessa. ATTENTION: There are 30 seats available, and tickets are ON SALE NOW. Tickets are $60 and can be purchased in person at the pub, or by calling 206-838-6299.
- May 13th – After the Brewers Dinner, stick around the screening room for the Classic Movie DJ Session. Naked City’s own DJ Nicfit will be playing a live, synchronized soundtrack to accompany Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho.” (no cost for this one)
- May 14th – From 6pm to 9pm enjoy West Sound and East of the Mountains Brewer’s Night. 18 taps – nine from West of the Puget Sound and nice from east of the Cascades, including 7 Seas, Port Townsend, Silver City, Peaks, Der Blokken, Sound, Iron Horse, Icicle, Northern Lights and more.
- May 14th – Classic Movie Night #2. Join DJ Nicfit once again for F.W. Murnau’s “Nosferatu,” a classic vampire film.
- May 16th – Show Oregon some love at the Oregon Brewer’s Night, featuring Oakshire Brewing and a collaboration beer. Representatives from Ninkasi, Deschutes, Full Sail and other breweries will also be on hand with their beers.
- May 16th – Classic Movie Night #3. DJ Nicfit takes a break, and DJ Jon Francois performs a live synchronized session to the classic silent film, “Sunrise: A Tale of Two Humans.”